II. Organization, Personalization, Modification and Output stage
Filtering becomes aggregation and more personal value is built as the users’ collection of related information is fed.
On to the human brain side, our brain processes information in distinct ways: the right or the left-brained way – via organization by context or through efficient classification among others. This distinction supports the reason why both tagging and searching works.
Tagging supports orienteering (.pdf) (organizing by context and generalities), which is a more right brained approach, while searching supports systematic classification and specific search terms to use is a more left-brained approach.
A mind mapping approach to organize information, accommodates both right and left brain approaches, links them, as well as supports and sustains the strengths of each.
With the objective of personal aggregation, a mind mapping approach will be an effective tool since it supports natural mental processes for cognition.
A client application such as Google Desktop (or a browser plug-in) founded on the mind mapping approach to aid users in organizing information. Besides its existing features,
- allow users to drag/drop highlighted word/s as branch or leaf to either outline form of classified folders or to a visual mind map using (DHTML?) that will hover over a page and enlarge on one click or expand automatically when information is about to be dragged to a section and filed to it.
- making a right click and following outline form of existing map structures to file and organize or in selecting desired command/function (e.g. file here, set as new leaf/branch/cloud)
- auto create map with main cloud blank and to be furnished, using tagged words as categories/branches and succeeding underlined words/phrases in proximity of main tag as leaf
- search from within bookmarked pages or annotations
- encourage common branches/tags as others
- set privacy of maps, trees, branches to private, public, groups or selected people
- integrate facility for Q&A (Yahoo/Google Answers or Favorville)
- ask questions: display possibly via a box to ask questions to the community and which are linked to the concept map
- answer questions: answer questions related randomly displayed at the desktop software from a currently viewed mindmap